This is an entry level operational support position. The main task of the scanner/record retention clerk is to sort, classify, and scan appropriate documents from paper files to produce digital copies of documents for retention purposes.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Make any adjustments necessary for clean scans and quality-check all scanned documents to ensure each has been correctly uploaded.
- Review the PDF for quality, legibility, completeness
- Ensure that the PDF is attached to the correct corresponding file.
- Responsible for organizing scanned documents on various local, network and cloud storage devices.
- Provide regular feedback regarding scanning status, and direct any questions or concerns to the supervising staff.
- Perform additional general scanning, photocopying, mailing, and faxing. Perform backup clerical duties, including mail sorting, filing photocopying, faxing and document delivery as required.
- Provide administrative assistance to managers, supervisors, and other staff, as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
Skills, Knowledge, And Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and some knowledge of Nitro PDF.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people with a positive, upbeat manner.
- Ability to do detail-oriented work with limited supervision.
- Experience which reflects the ability to work under pressure and deal with change.
- Demonstrable ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities.
- Knowledge of and skill in working with databases and other typical office software programs.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills.