The financial assistant plays a crucial role in handling the day to day activities of the accounting and finance department. Financial assistant responsibilities comprise a wide range of accounting duties and functions that need to be executed in an effective manner to support the smooth operation of the finance department. Their job is mostly supportive in nature and they are responsible for carrying out the accounting duties accurately by applying various accounting principles.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- To process the work of financial transactions of accounts receivables by thoroughly checking and correcting the accounting and other relevant financial records
- To provide support in preparing the financial reports in the accounting and finance system as per the instructions received from the seniors
- To maintain, update, and retrieve the financial information from the financial database and system
- To apply the basic accounting principles, knowledge, and techniques to analyze the variances, assist in production of journals, and perform routine accounting activities
- To perform accounting computations and calculations accurately, and try to identify if there are discrepancies, and if there are any errors, try to resolve them
- To handle high volumes of financial data and information, and should be well acquainted with ways of storing and retrieving it whenever there is any need
- Order Supplies for each department by taking in orders, ensure the orders are within budget, shop, and compare prices
- Drive to bank to make daily deposit
Education And Experience
- High school graduate and some level of business/accounting courses beyond high school preferred including but not limited to Associate degree
- Two to three years of related financial/office experience required. Computer competency requiring word-processing, spreadsheet and database software knowledge and experience in MS Office, QuickBooks, and MS Access.
Skills, Knowledge, And Abilities
To be a good financial assistant, you should have good administrative and clerical skills, and should be able to follow instructions as given. You should be a good team player and should be able to work on deadline driven situations. Superior proficiency in Word, Excel, QuickBooks is essential as you will need to handle huge data related to finance. You should be able to prioritize and organize your work to ensure that it is completely within the given time limit. In depth knowledge of book keeping and accounting procedures is a must along with high degree of concentration and an ability to identify accounting discrepancies.
Starting salary $25,000 annually
Please Send Your Name, Contact Information, And Resume To The Following Email Address: RECRUITING@OMNITAXHELP.COM.